- 2 3/4 cups wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- Garlic paste:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt and yeast until combined. Add the water, milk and melted butter and mix well. Stir in the egg. Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for about 3 minutes. Shape dough into a ball and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the softened butter, garlic, parsley and 1 cup of grated Parmesan. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out into a rectangle. Cover with the garlic paste, then roll up into a log. Cut log into slices approximately 1 inch thick.
- Place slices into a round, greased baking pan. Sprinkle with the rest of the Parmesan and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees. Bake bread for 20 minutes or until golden.