- 1 cup macaroni elbows, cooked
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sharp cheddar
- 2 cups mozzarella
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into slices
- 1 cup garlic spread*
- Cooking spray
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add cooked noodles and stir until butter is melted. Add cheese in handfuls, continuing to stir until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- On a slice of bread, add a heaping scoop of mac 'n' cheese. Add more shredded cheese if desired. Top with another slice of bread. Add garlic spread to the top slice, then flip sandwich and add garlic spread to the other slice.
- Spray a saute pan with cooking spray and place over medium-low heat. Add sandwich to pan and cook until golden brown. Flip and cook other side until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining bread and mac ‘n’ cheese. Serve hot.
- *For the garlic spread: Over low heat, cook garlic cloves until soft. Make into a puree and add butter, oil and herbs to desired taste and texture.