- 1 cup macaroni elbows, cooked
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sharp cheddar
- 2 cups mozzarella
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into slices
- 1 cup garlic spread*
- Cooking spray
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add cooked noodles and stir until butter is melted. Add cheese in handfuls, continuing to stir until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- On a slice of bread, add a heaping scoop of mac 'n' cheese. Add more shredded cheese if desired. Top with another slice of bread.
- Add garlic spread to the top slice, then flip sandwich and add garlic spread to the other slice.
- Spray a saute pan with cooking spray and place over medium-low heat. Add sandwich to pan and cook until golden brown. Flip and cook other side until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining bread and mac ‘n’ cheese. Serve hot.
- *For the garlic spread: Over low heat, cook garlic cloves until soft. Make into a puree and add butter, oil and herbs to desired taste and texture.