- Chocolate or candy melts, melted
- 8 ounces white chocolate, melted
- Scant 3/4 cup whipping cream, hot
- Pinch of salt
- Rock candy in a variety of colours, crushed
- First, make the ganache. Combine the white chocolate, salt and whipping cream in a bowl. Place in the freezer until thickened, about 1 hour.
- Spread some melted chocolate or candy melts onto the inside of an egg-shaped chocolate mold. Place this in the freezer until the chocolate has set.
- Beat the ganache with an electric mixer until it lightens in colour and consistency - it should look whipped and hold stiff peaks. Place it into a piping bag fitted with a large, round tip.
- Keep the chocolate eggs in the molds and pipe some ganache onto the inside of the eggs.
- Fill the eggs with rock candy, starting with a dark colour in the middle and working outwards into a lighter colour.
- Transfer the eggs to the freezer for the ganache to stiffen, about 30 minutes. Then unmold the eggs and enjoy! Note: it's much easier to unmold the eggs when they are filled with the ganache and rock candy, instead of unmolding just the shells.