- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk, room temperature
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- White and pink candy melts, melted until smooth
- Dark cocoa candy melts, melted until smooth, plus 2 solid pieces reserved for eyes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease two donut pans with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Mix in eggs, beating after each addition.
- Add vanilla and combine.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients and milk, beginning and ending with the dry.
- Divide batter between the two pans, then bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Mix in vanilla extract and add milk to reach desired consistency.
- Create ears by spreading a medium circle of white candy melts on wax paper.
- Let set for 2 minutes, then peel off wax paper.
- Spoon pink candy melts over ears to partially cover.
- Create eyes by spooning small dots of white candy coating over unmelted chocolate candy melts.
- Spoon a small oval of white candy coating on wax paper for the mouth and let set for 2 minutes before peeling off wax paper.
- Add mouth details using a toothpick and melted chocolate candy melts.
- Frost top of giant donut, smooth with offset spatula, then add facial details.