- 2 cups milk, warm
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
- 5 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, whisk together the warm milk, melted butter and sugar.
- Add yeast and allow to sit until it becomes foamy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of flour, baking powder and salt, mix until combined.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and allow to sit in a warm place to rise for 1 hour, until doubled in size.
- On a floured work surface roll dough into a long rectangular shape, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Spread softened butter on the dough.
- Evenly sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Roll dough to form a log and trim off ends.
- Cut into 5 to 6 evenly sized portions, about 3 inches thick.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a towel and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet with baking spray.
- Bake rolls for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter together.
- Once combined, add powdered sugar, whole milk and vanilla.
- Beat on low speed until combined.
- Drizzle frosting over cinnamon rolls before serving.