- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- Oil, for frying
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups mascarpone cheese
- 4 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, plus more to garnish
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries
- 2 1/2 cups raspberries
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, and salt, and mix together. Make a well in the center, and add the eggs and a splash of milk.
- Whisk together and gradually add the milk to make a smooth batter. Leave to rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Brush an 8-inch frying pan with oil, and ladle in a thin layer of batter.
- Fry the crepes one by one, should make about 15. On a plate, stack the crepes, alternating between greaseproof paper and crepe, so that they don’t stick together. Set aside until they are completely cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, mascarpone, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and lemon zest until it holds medium-stiff peaks.
- Next, place 5 pancakes around the sides of an 8-inch springform cake pan. Make sure pancakes cover the sides and partially cover the bottom, with a little bit of overhang over the top side.
- Place 1 pancake into the bottom of the cake pan to form the bottom of the cake. Next, place some of the cream into the bottom of the pan, and place a layer of strawberries on top. Then, place another pancake on top, followed by cream, and then raspberries. Follow this layering process, using strawberries and then raspberries until you have used up all but 1 of the pancakes.
- Next, place the final pancake on the top of your last layer. Fold up the overhanging sides over the top of the final pancake. Then, place into the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from the fridge, and add a few whole strawberries and raspberries on top of the cake. Garnish with powdered sugar if desired. Cut into slices, and serve.