- 1 large pullman loaf
- 36 slices cheddar cheese, cut into quarters
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups tomato soup, heated
- Slice the loaf into 6 even rectangular strips. Slice 12 cuts into each rectangle, taking care to not slice completely through to the bottom. Place cheese in between the cut slices, creating a Hasselback effect.
- Heat a grill pan on the stove on medium-high for 1 minute. Brush loaf with butter, salt and pepper, and grill on all sides for one minute each side. Serve with tomato soup.