- For the peanut butter cup:
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- Sea salt
- For the chia seed jam filling:
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice (1 small lemon)
- 1 3/4 tablespoons chia seeds
- In a mixing bowl, add the peanut butter, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and sea salt and whisk to combine.
- Add half of the mixture to a parchment-lined pan, and place in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- To a small saucepan over low heat, add frozen berries, honey and lemon juice. Mix well, breakING up the berries with the back of fork as the mixture heats up and becomes thicker, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the chia seeds and continue to mix until incorporated, let cool.
- Take the pan out of the freezer and add a layer of the cooled jam on top. Place back in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes to set.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and top with the remaining peanut butter mixture. Freeze for 20 to 30 minutes.