- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 24 ounces dark chocolate candy melts
- 2-4 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Line your tart pan with parchment paper. Spray the sides with vegetable oil. Set aside.
- In a double boiler or a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1 1/2 cups of chocolate candy melts with 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening on 30-second intervals, stirring each time, until the chocolate is silky smooth.
- Use a spoon or offset spatula to spread out the chocolate and coat the entire tart pan, including the sides. Be sure there are no holes or thin spots. Freeze this layer for 30 minutes.
- To make the filling, combine the melted butter, peanut butter, graham crackers and powdered sugar in an electric mixer or food processor. Spoon the peanut butter filling over the chocolate tart shell and spread out with your hands, being very careful not to crack your chocolate shell.
- Melt 2 cups of chocolate candy melts with 1 1/2 tablespoons of vegetable shortening. Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter layer and spread out evenly. Use a ruler or offset spatula to smooth the top of the tart. Let it harden in the freezer for another 30 minutes, then carefully remove it from the tart pan and allow the sugar shock to commence.