- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons agar agar powder
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground shrimp
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup minced scallions
- 3 tablespoons grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt, to taste
- Place chicken stock in a large stockpot and bring to a boil, reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the agar agar to the pot and whisk, allow to simmer for an additional 5 minutes and take off heat.
- Pour broth into silicone ice cube trays and allow to cool completely.
- Put both of the flours into a food processor and pulse to combine. Slowly stream in the hot water and oil until a course but moist dough forms.
- Remove dough mixture from food processor and knead for about 5 minutes, or until a soft, uniform ball forms.
- Allow dough to rest, covered with plastic at room temperature for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine all the filling ingredients until well combined.
- Once the dough has rested, roll out into a 14-inch circle. Place the filling ingredients in the middle of the circle to form a ball.
- Wrap the filling with the outer layers of the dough, pinching in the center to form an enclosed dumpling.
- Place the dumpling in a steamer and allow to cook for 30 minutes or until the dough and filling are completely cooked through and the filling has reached an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve with a large boba straw.