- 3 (8-oz) packages cream cheese
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 can condensed milk
- 14 oz milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, egg yolks and brown sugar. Use an electric mixer to blend it all together.
- Pour it on top of the crust and cover pan with foil. Place the cheesecake pan into a larger pan, and place it in the oven. Pour boiling water into the larger pan to act as a water bath. Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes until just set. Allow to cool before putting in the fridge overnight.
- Gently tip the cheesecake out of its pan, then turn it right side up onto a serving plate. Turn the caramel layer out on top, and peel away the parchment paper.
- Pour ganache over the cheesecake, and use a small palette knife to smooth it over the top and sides. Place in fridge to set for 2 hours, then use a hot knife to slice and serve.
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper. Blitz the graham crackers in a food processor, then add melted butter and process until combined. Pour into the lined pan and use the back of a spoon to press it down smoothly and firmly. Place in the fridge to chill.
- Line another loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the butter and sugar and stir until the sugar has melted. Add the condensed milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Pour mixture into the lined pan. Allow to cool before placing it in the fridge for 3 hours, or overnight.
- Place the milk chocolate in a large mixing bowl. Bring the cream to a gentle simmer then pour it over the chocolate and whisk until smooth.