- 100ml fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 250g unsalted butter
- 1 drop green food gel
- 200g dark cooking chocolate
- 100ml whipping cream
- 300g green coloured chocolate melts (melted)
- 100g orange coloured chocolate melts + 1 tsp coconut oil (melted together)
- 100g lime coloured chocolate melts + 1 tsp coconut oil (melted together)
- 100g black coloured chocolate melts + 1 tsp coconut oil (melted together)
- Add sugar, lime zest, ginger, and egg yolks to a large microwave safe bowl.
- Whisk together and microwave for 2 minutes, mixing each time until thickened.
- Add butter, whisk until melted and allow to chill.
- Optional: Add a drop of Americolor green food gel and whisk it in to add some colour.
- Add chocolate and cream to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds at a time mixing each time until melted and smooth.
- Allow to set at room temperature.
- Add each coloured chocolate and a teaspoon of coconut oil to a separate microwave safe bowls and mix until melted and smooth. All except for the green chocolate melts.
- Use a half sphere mold and a teaspoon to splatter orange, lime and black chocolate on the mold.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Then add green chocolate melts. Fill to the top. Gently tap the mold with a wooden spoon or tap it gently on the work bench. That’ll help any of the bubbles come to the top.
- Turn the mold upside down and allow excess chocolate to drip out. Scrape excess chocolate off the top of the mold and chill for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled add a layer of lime curd in the molds and then some chocolate ganache. You want to fill just under full.
- Allow to chill for 20 minutes before filling with some more green chocolate.
- Scrape off excess and chill for a final 30 minutes.