Ginger Plum Cobbler
A crunchy crust is key to the perfect cobbler, and ginger only makes it better.
- 6 Plums
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 7 ounces gingersnap cookies
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375. Remove the pits form the plums and chop up. Place in a bowl along with the ginger, apple juice and sugar. Mix thoroughly. Place the fruit in an oven proof dish or pie plate.
- For the topping, melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the gingersnap cookies and sugar until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping over the fruit and bake for 25 minutes until crisp on top. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve with ice cream.