- 1-2 loaves gingerbread
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces mascarpone
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup eggnog, divided
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 1 cup espresso or strong coffee (diluted instant espresso will also work)
- Crushed gingersnap cookies for garnish
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cut gingerbread in 1x3-inch finger-sized pieces. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes until crisped and dried out.
- In a bowl, beat together cream cheese and mascarpone until fluffy. Whisk in brown sugar, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and 1/2 cup eggnog. Fold in whipped cream and set aside.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup eggnog and espresso in a shallow dish, and dip crisped gingerbread into mixture.
- In a 9x9 baking dish, drizzle a tablespoon or two of espresso mixture on the bottom, top with gingerbread ladyfingers, followed by 1/2 the whipped cream, remaining ladyfingers, and top with remaining whipped cream and crushed gingersnaps.
- Refrigerate a few hours to overnight before serving.