- 6 medium-sized Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons potato starch
- Chives and rosemary, for garnish
- Olive oil, for garnish
- For the potato stock: Wash potatoes with cold water and dry with paper towels. Using a knife, cut an X into potatoes to vent. Do not cut all the way through.
- Place potatoes, salt and oil in a large stock pot. Cover with 4 cups water. Bring to a boil, and cook for 25 to 30 minutes. Let potatoes cool in stock pot at room temperature. Once cool, strain potatoes and save the liquid. This is our potato stock. Save potatoes for another recipe. Cover the stock and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- For the potato gel: Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Pour chilled potato stock into a large saucepan. Add potato starch to mixture. Over medium-high heat, whisk to dissolve the starch into the potato stock. Continue to whisk for about 5 minutes until a gelatin consistency forms. Remove from heat. Pour into a squeeze bottle and allow to cool slightly.
- On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, squeeze gelatin mixture into potato chip-sized shapes. Place in oven for 4 hours. Once chips have baked, carefully remove them from the parchment paper. Garnish with chives and rosemary, and enjoy.