- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 4 large eggs + 4 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate ganache:
- 14 ounces dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- Cocoa powder, to dust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a loaf pan, and line with baking paper, allowing 2 to 3 inches to hang over the sides. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil until smooth, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, yolks, sugar, milk, salt and vanilla until smooth. Whisk in melted chocolate mixture until combined.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Allow to cool, then remove brownies from pan using overhanging parchment paper.
- To prepare chocolate ganache, add chocolate and cream to a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 20 seconds at a time until mixture is smooth. Set aside at room temperature.
- Spread chocolate ganache on top. Finish off with a dusting of cocoa powder.