- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup 100 percent dark chocolate (about 50 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon agar-agar
- A dash of vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cups brown rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 can coconut milk, at least 15 percent fat (frozen and then chilled to separate the cream from the liquid)
- Agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a square baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt coconut oil and chocolate together in a double boiler. Remove from heat, and mix in sweetener, vanilla and salt. Set aside.
- Mix together all dry ingredients. Add to wet ingredients, and combine until homogeneous. Spatula into lined pan, and bake for about 15 minutes, until completely cooked through. Let cool completely before removing from pan.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: take the cream from the top of the can of chilled coconut milk and discard the liquid. Mix coconut cream with agave nectar and sea salt to taste. Transfer to pastry bag with a 1 centimeter tip.
- Once cookie is completely cooled, cut it into small circles using a shot glass or a ring mold. Using your pastry bag, pipe frosting onto the top of one cut-out cookie, then top with the other cookie. Enjoy! Store extras in fridge.