- 1 cup plain, unsweetened flax milk (can also use coconut milk, cashew milk or almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons grated turmeric root, tightly packed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons agave or other sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- Grated nutmeg, to garnish
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the milk, grated turmeric, grated ginger, sweetener, cinnamon, vanilla, cardamom and black pepper. Let simmer on low for 10-15 minutes. Strain into a mug (or just pour directly into a mug if you don't mind the pulp).
- In the same saucepan used to simmer the turmeric milk, heat the coconut milk. Once the milk begins to heat, remove from heat, then tilt the pan back to pool the milk on one side. Froth with a handheld frother.
- Pour the frothed milk over the turmeric milk. Grate some nutmeg over the top, and serve immediately.