- 1 cup water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon agar agar powder
- Food coloring (red, orange, yellow)
- In a saucepan, add water and agar agar and stir.
- Place over medium heat, let agar agar melt completely then boil for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low, and stir in sugar.
- When mixture is stringy enough that you see strings start to dangle from a spatula, remove the pot from heat.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour mixture onto paper.
- Add dots of food coloring and use a toothpick to swirl colors together.
- Place in refrigerator for 1 hour until solid.
- Use cookie cutters to make the shapes and allow them to dry for 1 to 2 days.