- 8 slices white bread
- 1 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth, you decide)
- 3/4 cup Hellmann's Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large banana or 2 small, sliced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups seltzer water
- Salt, to taste
- 1 box Panko breadcrumbs
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Heat oil to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, Hellmann's Mayonnaise, honey, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Build your sandwiches! Lay slices of bread out, top all with mayo mixture and half of the slices with banana, top with the other slice of bread. Put in fridge to firm while you prepare the batter.
- Prepare the tempura batter by whisking together flour, cornstarch, and sugar.
- Stream in seltzer water until smooth, season with salt.
- Place panko in a shallow dish. Dip each sandwich in the batter, then coat with panko breadcrumbs.
- Drop each sandwich in the frying oil (careful to not overload) and fry until golden brown.
- Serve hot with powdered sugar dusted on top