Grapefruit Gelatin Dessert
A hollowed-out grapefruit makes the perfect dessert cup for a simply sweet end to any meal.
- 2 grapefruits
- 200-260 milliliters grapefruit juice
- 5 grams powdered gelatin
- 25 grams sugar
- 1/2 lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 sprigs mint
- Whipped cream
- Cut off the very top of the grapefruit to expose some of the flesh. Cut into the grapefruit with a sharp knife, loosening the flesh. Scoop out the flesh and set aside.
- Combine any leftover juice with grapefruit juice to make 260 grams in total.
- In a saucepan, combine grapefruit juice, sugar, lemon peel and mint and cook over low heat. Once it comes to a slow boil, turn off heat and add in powdered gelatin and lemon juice. Once gelatin has dissolved completely, put saucepan over ice water. Stir until mixture starts to thicken.
- Transfer fresh grapefruit pieces into the grapefruit skin. Pour in gelatin mixture and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE