- 1 pound tomatillos, husked, trimmed and quartered
- 2 small cucumbers, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 jalapeño, halved and seeded, plus more for garnish
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 18 ounces tequila
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh horseradish
- 1 teaspoon green hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Salt and Chili Powder Mixture, for rim
- In a blender, combine tomatillos, cucumbers, garlic, lime juice, jalapeño, salt, tequila, cilantro, horseradish, hot sauce, Worcestershire, celery salt and black pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Rub rim of a glass with lime, then dip in chili salt mixture to rim the edge of the glasses. Add ice, then add the Green Maria mix to fill. Garnish with scallions and drink up!