- 24 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mango puree
- 1 pound cake loaf
- Unsalted butter, softened, for frying
- Bake the cheesecakes: Preheat oven to 325 degrees, and line the bottom and sides of 2 8x8-inch cake pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer on low speed, cream together the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth and combined.
- Add sour cream and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Mix in the mango puree.
- Divide batter between the 2 cake pans.
- Place the pans inside another larger pan with high sides. Fill the outside of the pan with enough warm water to go halfway up the side of the cake pans.
- Bake 30 minutes, then turn the oven off and let the cheesecakes cool in the oven with the door slightly cracked, about 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecakes from oven and chill until firm, at least 3 hours.
- Assemble the sandwiches: Slice the cake loaf into 8 slices, and slice each chilled cheesecake into 4 squares.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. Butter one side of a pound cake slice, place cake butter-side down in pan, add 1 slice of cheesecake. Butter a second piece of cake and place on top of cheesecake in pan. Grill until lightly browned, then flip. Continue grilling until golden on the second side.
- Working in batches, repeat with the remaining 7 sandwiches.
- Serve with strawberry soup on the side.