- 4 cups tomato soup, divided
- 10 slices American cheese, halved
- 20 slices white sandwich bread
- 1 cup whole milk
- Make the soup cubes: Fill a 1-inch ice cube tray with 1 cup tomato soup. Each cube should be filled about halfway. Freeze for 6 hours or up to overnight.
- Make the dumplings: Remove cubes from tray and cut in half. Wrap with cheese. Wrap cheese with a slice of bread, adding a few drops of milk to help soften the bread to form a ball. Repeat these steps until all soup cubes are used. Set on a plate and freeze until ready to fry, approximately 1 hour.
- Heat oil to 340 degrees. Fry balls until golden, approximately 3 minutes. Serve immediately with remaining warmed tomato soup.