- 24 slices bacon
- 6 glazed doughnuts, sliced in half
- 12 slices Swiss cheese
- 12 slices American cheese
- 1 skewer
- 1 small cube of cheese
- In a cast-iron pan, cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon to a paper-towel lined plate, leaving the rendered bacon fat in the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add doughnut halves, insides facing down. Place one slice of each kind of cheese on top of half of the doughnut halves.
- Allow doughnuts to toast and cheese to melt, then top cheese-covered doughnuts with the plain ones and remove from pan. Continue with remaining doughnuts and cheese.
- Insert a skewer into a small cube of cheese and stand up on a plate. Add one doughnut sandwich, followed by a layer of bacon.
- Continue alternating doughnut sandwiches and bacon, ending with a doughnut sandwich on top.