- Vegetable oil, as needed
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 8 strips bacon
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 slices challah bread
- 2 slices Buffalo mozzarella, or shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to a sauté pan and place on medium-high heat. Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and add them to the pan. Cook on each side for 5 minutes. Let rest, then slice into 1/2-inch strips.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil to the sauté pan and place on medium-high heat. Place bacon in the pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until crispy.
- Add 3 tablespoons oil to pan, then add the sliced onions. Cook for 10 minutes, until caramelized. Add balsamic vinegar and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Place one slice of mozzarella on a slice of bread, top with chicken, bacon, onion and another slice of cheese. Top with another slice of challah.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to a saucepan. Toast sandwich on one side, then add the other tablespoon of butter and toast the sandwich on the other side. Remove from the pan, slice in half and serve immediately.