- 1/2 medium-sized bunch cilantro
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut into chunks
- 1 red chili, cut into chunks
- Juice of 1 lime
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- Lime wedges, red chili and cilantro, for serving
- Into a food processor, add cilantro, garlic, brown sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, lemongrass. Puree until chunky.
- Rub chicken thighs with mixture.
- Place in a zip-top bag and marinate for at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill for 5 to 6 minutes per side, until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Serve with cilantro, red chili slices and lime wedges.