- 4 chicken breasts
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 lemons, halved
- 1 small red onion, peeled and quartered
- 8 ounces arugula
- 3/4 cup Kalamata olives
- 4 ounces creamy feta cheese block
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the grill to 375°F.
- Begin by pounding out the chicken breasts. Place one piece of chicken in a large resealable bag and gently flatten with the smooth side of a meat tenderizer or with a rolling pin. You want the thickness to be about 1/2 inch. Place flattened chicken on a baking sheet or large plate. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Lightly drizzle with vegetable oil. Place chicken and onions on the preheated grill and cook with lid open for 5-6 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through and nice grill marks appear. About 2 minutes before the chicken is done, grill the halved lemons, cut side down.
- Place arugula into a large mixing bowl. Next, roughly chop the olives and add to the bowl as well. Halve the cherry tomatoes and add them to the bowl. Tear the basil leaves and oregano and add to the mixture. Crumble in the feta cheese and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken, onions and lemons from the grill. Roughly chop the onions and add to the salad. Juice one lemon half over the salad. Add a drizzle of olive oil and toss everything together, then transfer to a plate.
- Thinly slice the chicken and add to the salad. Squeeze remaining lemon half over the chicken. Garnish with grilled lemon halves.