- 4 (6-ounce) chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly into half moons
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced thinly into strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced thinly into strips
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced thinly into strips
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup salsa, for topping
- 1/2 cup sour cream, for serving
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves, for serving
- Cut 5 horizontal cuts in each chicken breast, taking care to not cut all the way through to the bottom. Coat each breast with olive oil, salt and taco seasoning. Stuff each cut with a piece of onion and assorted pepper strips.
- Heat grill pan on medium-high and grease with olive oil. Place each chicken breast on the grill and cook for 15 minutes. Top with shredded cheese, and and cook for approximately 5 minutes until all cheese is melted and breasts are cooked through to 165 degrees. Top with salsa, sour cream and cilantro before serving.