Grilled Jalapeño and Baby Bell Pepper Poppers
No matter who wins the game, your mouth will win with cheesy bacon goodness.
- 8 ounces bacon, finely minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 small green onions, finely minced
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 jalapeños, roughly the same size
- 6 mixed red, yellow and orange baby bell peppers
- Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.
- Cook the bacon until browned and crispy. Drain extra fat on a plate lined with paper towels. Once cool enough to handle, chop into a fine mince.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, chopped bacon, minced green onions and mozzarella cheese. Stir to combine.
- Begin by breaking down the peppers. Cut them in half, lengthwise, and then scoop out all of the seeds and white membrane. Make sure to wash your hands thoroughly after handling the jalapeños. Set aside.
- Using a spoon, scoop a hefty amount of filling into each pepper half.
- Place them pepper side down (cheese side up) on the grill, and close the lid. Let cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the peppers have charred and the cheese has melted. Serve warm.