- 1 (8 ounces) Rockfish fillet, skin on, scored
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 untreated Cedar plank
- Preserved lemons
- Soak an untreated cedar plank in water with 1 tablespoon of salt, weighting it with something heavy, so it stays submerged at least 1 hour to overnight.
- Turn grill burners on high for 5 minutes, and season fish with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Let stand for 5 minutes
- Place soaked cedar plank on hot grill, close lid heat for 5 minutes.
- Brush plank with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place preserved lemon slices on cedar plank and lay rockfish filet on top of lemon slices.
- Turn burners to low, and cook covered until rockfish is just opaque throughout (130 on a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest section) 20 to 25 minutes or longer, depending on thickness and grill temperature.
- Let sit 5 minutes.