The Grinch himself might just crack a smile at the sight of these cute green cupcakes.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- green food coloring
- lindor balls
- 3 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 7 cups confectioner’s sugar
- green, red, yellow and black food coloring
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs one at a time, beating with each addition.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add this to the butter mixture in 2 additions, alternating with the buttermilk.
- Dye the batter green.
- Divide the batter into a lined muffin tin.
- Stick a lindor ball into the center of each cupcake.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes, then cool completely.
- Pipe a large dollop of green buttercream onto each cupcake, then pipe a slightly smaller red dollop on top.
- Create the trim and pompom of the hat with the white buttercream, the eyes with the yellow buttercream and the eyebrows and pupils with the black buttercream.
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and combine.
- Add the confectioner’s sugar one cup at a time, then beat for 3-5 minutes, until fluffy.
- Dye ¼ cup of buttercream black, ¼ cup of buttercream yellow, 2 cups buttercream red, leave ½ cup buttercream white and dye the remaining buttercream green.
- Place the red and green buttercream in piping bags fitted with large, round piping tips, the yellow and white into bags with medium-sized round piping tips and the black into a bag with a small round piping tip.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE