- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 slices serrano ham, crisped
- 1 bag kettle cooked potato chips
- Scallions, to garnish
- For white cheddar cheese sauce:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small clove garlic, microplaned
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk, warm
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, add vinegar. Crack eggs one at a time into a ramekin and slowly add to water. Turn off the heat and cover. Poach eggs for 5 minutes. Carefully remove and place on a plate with a napkin.
- For the sauce: Over medium heat, melt the butter and cook the garlic until fragrant. Add the flour and whisk to form a roux. Stir for 1 to 2 minutes until roux is light brown. Add the milk and whisk to incorporate. Add thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Cook sauce for an additional 5 to 7 minutes over medium low heat. Whisk cheese into sauce. Set aside and keep warm until ready to serve.
- To serve, add a poached egg on the bottom of each plate. Add potato chips and top with cheese sauce. Finish with the crispy serrano ham. Mix before eating and enjoy!