- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, chopped into half moons
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons thyme, picked and divided
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large loaf rustic bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup Gruyere
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a cast-iron pan. Add leeks and saute until golden. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper. Saute until tender. Add one tablespoon of thyme and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cream and eggs. Add bread and mushrooms, and mix until all bread is coated in cream mixture and mushrooms are distributed throughout. Pour into a casserole dish and cover with Gruyere.
- Bake until bread is golden and cheese is melted, approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Top with remaining thyme, and serve warm. (Pudding will keep up to 5 days covered in the refrigerator. Warm before serving.)