- 8 small red potatoes, boiled
- 2 cups butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons thyme
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cups Gruyere, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a small saute pan. Add garlic, thyme and salt, and cook until fragrant, approximately 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes to a fine, smooth texture. Add Parmesan, egg and garlic mixture. Stir until smooth. Stir in parsley and transfer contents to a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip.
- Onto the prepared baking sheet, pipe mashed potato mixture into 6 even circles with a thick border, leaving a small circle on top for the Gruyere. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden. Remove pan from oven and add Gruyere. Return to oven until cheese melts, approximately 3 minutes. Serve immediately with a baguette and greens.