Guava Ice Cream Sandwich
A fluffy, guava puffed pastry sandwiches rich vanilla ice cream in this Latin take on the ice cream sandwich.
- 1 box (2) frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- 12 tablespoons guava paste
- 1 egg plus 1 teaspoon water, beaten
- 3 tablespoons demerara sugar
- Vanilla ice cream, softened
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the thawed pastry dough on the prepared cookie sheet. Using a knife, score the puff pastry into 12 equally sized squares.
- Add one tablespoon of guava paste into the center of each square. Brush egg wash along all sides of the pastries.
- Carefully lay the second puff pastry on top, and press down on the edges. Use your knife to score the top puff pastry into squares, following the lines you cut in the bottom piece. Press down around each puff pastry square to seal the edges. Brush the top with egg wash, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until puffy and golden brown. Remove from sheet tray and allow to cool on a cooling rack for an additional 10 to 15 minutes. Pull along scored lines to separate pastries. Gently open one side of each pastry and scoop a tablespoon of ice cream inside before serving.