- 2 cups frozen, cubed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup chorizo, casing removed and crumbled
- 1 jar Mexican salsa
- 4 eggs
- Queso fresco
- Chopped cilantro
- Avocado slices
- Toast or tortillas, to serve
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add potatoes and olive oil. Cook until crisp, about 5 to 10 minutes, flipping every couple of minutes. Add chorizo and cook until browned.
- Add enough salsa to cover the potatoes and salt to taste. (If you would like a thinner hash, add 1/4 cup of water at this point.)
- Turn off the heat. Using the back of a wooden spoon, make 4 wells in the salsa and drop in the eggs. Cover pan and allow residual heat to cook. For runny egg yolks, cook for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Top with queso fresco, cilantro and avocado slices. Serve with toast or tortillas.