- 2 cups shredded potatoes
- 5 large eggs, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon large flake salt
- Wrap shredded potatoes in cheesecloth and wring out until dry, approximately 2 minutes. Place in a large bowl and add one egg, salt, pepper, garlic and onion.
- Heat a nonstick skillet on medium-high heat and add oil. Place 1/2 cup of the shredded potato mixture in an even layer and cook for approximately 2 minutes until golden. Flip and use a 2-inch round cookie cutter to remove the center of the patty. Drop a single egg in the patty and cook until whites are set. Remove patty from pan and repeat until all potatoes are used. Top with chives and large flake salt.