Hawaij Spiced Nachos With Chocolate Dipping Sauce
We took the warm spices you love like cloves, cardamom and cinnamon, and put them on chips perfect for dunking.
- 4 flour tortillas, cut into eighths (wedges)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 teaspoons hawaij for coffee
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Chocolate sauce:
- 1/3 cup good quality chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F, and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix vanilla into the melted butter and brush both sides of each tortilla.
- Using a sieve, sift the hawaij all over the tops and bottoms of each tortilla. Lastly, sprinkle a nice dose of sugar on top of each piece. Bake for 10 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Once chocolate is melted and is still very hot, mix in the butter immediately until melted and glossy. Next, mix in the crème fraîche and cinnamon. Serve warm right away with the chips.