- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs whites
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- A tiny drop of red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 225°F. Crack your egg whites into a stand mixer, beat the egg whites on high until they're foamy.
- Reduce the speed on the mixer and gradually sprinkle in the sugar. Once all of it has been added, add the almond extract and the food coloring. Beat on high for a few minutes, until the meringue is stiff, glossy and cold.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Fill a pastry bag fitted with a 1/8- or 1/4-inch round tip with your egg white mixture. Pipe tiny dollops onto the parchment and bake for about 20 minutes, until the mini meringues are no longer shiny and they're crispy all the way through. Let cool on the pans.