- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup full fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extrac
- For the icing:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoon vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoon almond milk, plus more as needed
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond meal, protein powder, cinnamon, and baking powder, and mix well.
- Combine the cottage cheese, eggs, vanilla extract, and almond milk, then stir wet mixture into the dry mixture.
- Heat a waffle iron. Once hot, pour batter and cook through until golden brown.
- For the frosting, combine the melted coconut oil with the remaining protein powder. Slowly add almond milk until a frosting like consistency is made.
- Drizzle waffles with the icing and cinnamon.