- 1 cup of spelt flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- Mix the spelt flour and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the eggs, almond milk, applesauce and coconut oil.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Mix everything together well with a whisk. The batter should match the consistency of thin cream - if not, add more milk.
- Heat a crepe pan or large griddle pan then pour a 1-cup ladle size full of batter into the hot pan. Lift and swirl your pan around to coat the entire surface of the pan in a thin layer of batter.
- Cook the batter for 1 minute on a medium heat until the edges become slightly brown and slightly curled. Flip the crepe and quickly cook it less than a minute.
- Serve hot off the griddle. Top the crepes with pure maple syrup, fruit preserves, fresh bananas, peanut butter and more!