- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 3 to 6 tablespoons ice water
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, place flour, sugar and salt and pulse to combine. Add butter to the processor and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal. With the processor running, slowly drizzle in up to 6 tablespoons of ice water until the mixture comes together and begins to form a ball. Knead the dough a few times by hand if necessary then divide it in half and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before rolling out crust.
- Roll out the dough and place into a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan. Crimp edges as desired and place in the freezer to set for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Once the crust is chilled, place parchment paper in the pie crust and pour in baking weights or dried beans. Blind bake the crust for 15 minutes, then remove parchment paper and weights and bake another 10 minutes.