Holiday Spiced Nuts
Your friends and family will go nuts for this sweet holiday gift made with seasonal spices.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 large egg white
- 2 1/2 cups mixed nuts
- Preheat oven to 250°F. In a small bowl, mix together sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, cayenne and salt. Set aside.
- Beat egg white until white and foamy. Mix 1/4 cup sugar mixture into egg whites. Fold nuts into egg mixture and pour in a single layer onto an un-greased baking sheet.
- Bake nuts for 45 minutes, then let cool on baking sheet for at least 1 hour.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture over nuts, then place in small bags or Mason jars to give as gifts, or serve in a bowl.