- 4 small sweet potatoes, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large honeycrisp apple, diced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F and line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Pierce sweet potatoes with fork and then place on baking sheet.
- Bake 50-60 minutes, or until tender. Remove from oven, slice in half lengthwise, and allow to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- While sweet potatoes are roasting, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat. Cook the apple, raisins, walnuts, and pecans in oil, stirring occasionally, until apple is tender. Add the coconut sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir together. Remove from heat.
- Scoop out sweet potato flesh into large bowl, leaving skin intact.
- Add apple mixture to sweet potatoes in bowl and stir until blended.
- Spoon mixture into skins. Place on baking sheet, and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve hot.