- Olive oil
- 1 small white onion diced
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 650 milliliters can of tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup of dry Alphabet Pasta
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot over medium heat, drizzle in a couple glugs of olive oil and add the onion, garlic and carrot to fry until soft.
- Pour in the tomato sauce, broth, honey, Worcestershire, basil and oregano and stir, turn up the heat to bring to a boil and then take the heat back to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate pot of boiling water cook the pasta as recommended on the package. Drain and set aside.
- Remove the tomato sauce from the heat and using an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. Finally stir in the alphabets and enjoy.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE