- 6 torte wafers
- 50g butter, at room temperature
- 100g icing sugar
- 50g milk chocolate, melted and cooled + 200g for coating
- Put two of the torte wafers into a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to finely crush them. Put the butter into a mixing bowl and cream with the icing sugar. Add in 50 grams of cooled melted chocolate and mix well, then add in the crushed wafers and stir them through.
- Lay out one torte wafer with the large holes facing upwards and spread over a quarter of the filling. Top with a wafer and repeat until you have four layers of wafer.
- Turn the wafer stack over so that the small holes are facing upwards. Slice the wafer block into four equal bars. Working with one at a time, use a pastry or serrated knife to bevel the edges of the bar so that the top is narrower than the bottom. Cut down through the three top layers of wafer but leave the bottom one intact to create the lip around the edge of the Kit Kat. Repeat with the rest of the bars then use the remaining quarter of filling to smooth over the top and edges of the kit kat bars. Put them into the fridge until you’re ready to coat with chocolate.
- Melt the remaining 200 grams of chocolate and leave to cool slightly. Line a tray with greaseproof paper. Take one bar and submerge it in the melted chocolate. Use two forks to lift it out and drain any excess chocolate. Transfer to the lined tray, repeat with the rest and leave to cool for around 1 hour until set.