- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Flavorings to taste (lox or scallions)
- In a pot, heat cream and milk on medium heat, until it comes to a simmer.
- Add lemon juice in 3 parts, while stirring for 1 minute in between each addition. Continue gently stirring until larger clumps of curds form and separate from the whey.
- Turn off the heat, cover, and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Place a strainer over a bowl and line with cheesecloth. Strain the curds to drain all of the whey.
- Add the curds to a blender or food processor, season with salt, and blend until completely smooth and creamy. Transfer to a container with a lid and refrigerate.