- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 5 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Butter for frying
- 6 strips bacon
- Pancake syrup, to serve
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk, vanilla, salt and sugar.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Heat a griddle, swirling around some unsalted butter. Line muffin rings with butter, place on griddle and fill halfway with batter. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until large bubbles start to form. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes until the bottom is golden.
- While the pancakes are cooking, place the bacon on a tray and grill until crispy.
- Stack the cooked pancakes, then layer the bacon on top, and finally drizzle with syrup.